The FKF Electoral Board has released guidelines that will serve to govern Saturday’s repeat county elections:
1. Polling Stations will open at 9 am and close at 5 pm. Should 100% voter turnout be achieved before 5 pm, the Returning Officer and polling agents can agree to close the polling station and document the decision appropriately.
2. Each candidate is allowed to nominate one agent that will be accredited to the polling station. The names and identification details of the agent must be sent to the Board for accreditation by Thursday, March 12, 2020.
3. No change of delegates will be allowed.
4. Voters (Delegates) must carry ORIGINAL identification documents. These include either:
- National Identification Card
- Kenyan Passport
- Military Identification Card
5. Ballot papers will be marked with only one symbol: either a tick or any other sign.
6. A spoilt vote will only be replaced ONCE, as long as the vote has not been casted.
7. Results of the tally will be announced at the polling station.
8. Transmission of results to the National Returning Officer will be by email.
9. Results will be published on Monday 16 March, 2020.
10. In case of a tie, repeat elections will be held on Wednesday, 18 March, 2020